- Dermatitis, also known as eczema
- Defined as a group of diseases that result in inflammation of the skin.
- Atopic dermatitis
- Candida dermatitis
- Cercarial dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Dermatitis herpetiformis
- Diaper dermatitis
- Dyshidrotic dermatitis
- Neonatal seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Nummular dermatitis
- Perianal streptococcal dermatitis
- Perioral dermatitis
- Poison Oak, Ivy, Sumac dermatitis
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Stasis dermatitis
- Caracterized by itchiness, red skin and a rash.
- In cases of short duration, there may be small blisters, while in long-term cases the skin may become thickened.
- The area of skin involved can vary from small to covering the entire body.
- Positive Nikolsky’s sign
- Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome (children)
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis/SJS (adults)
- Negative Nikolsky’s sign
- Typically outpatient