Harbor:911 STEMI out
911 IFT STEMI out to Little Company of Mary Torrance
- When our cath lab is encumbered and closed to STEMI, must transfer a STEMI patient out via 911 through our InterFacility Transfer to another STEMI Receiving Center.
- Radio Room binder has instructions, please refer to it with MICN or OCN.
- Back up to LCM is Torr Memorial
- Goal to have patient leave wihin 30 min of arrival
- ED Attending will:
- Have ECG faxed to LCM 310-303-5609
- Using the radio room console, call LCM base to confirm they are open to STEMI, and ask to speak to ED physician
- Present the clinical situation, and request IFT, get accepting physician name
- Complete the STEMI Transfer Out Form - Referring physician section (located in Radio room)
- Explain to patient need for transfer, have patient sign EMTALA form, complete info for transfer
- Request MICN to contact 911 for STEI IFT transport
- Request ED clerk to print copies of face sheet, ECG to provide EMS.
- Inform bedside ED RN of impending transfer, provide name of accepting physician at SRC