Harbor:Transfer to L&D
- Patients 14 weeks pregnant and greater should have a discussion with OB on whether they would like to see the patient in L&D
- If accepted, the patient would then be discharged to L&D for further observation/management
- Per Labor and Delivery, Perinatal Specialty Manual Policy #470, Triage/Admission criteria for L/D:
- DHS established patients can be seen in L/D at any gestational age and up to 6 weeks postpartum.
- Non-DHS established patients with a GA ≥ 14 weeks may be seen on L/D.
- Non-DHS established patients with a GA < 14 weeks are referred to the ED for evaluation.