- This is a list of all calculators on WikEM; please add as created
PERC Rule Calculator
Check all of the following that are true:
- Age <50yr
- Pulse ox >94% (room air)
- HR <100
- No prior PE or DVT
- No recent surgery or trauma (within prior 4wk)
- No hemoptysis
- No estrogen use
- No unilateral leg swelling
In patients with low suspicion for PE (best-guess pre-test probability <15%) AND all are true, only 0.9% had PE (n=7527) and it can be ruled-out without further testing (i.e. no need for d-dimer)
- Kline JA, et al. Clinical criteria to prevent unnecessary diagnostic testing in emergency department patients with suspected pulmonary embolism. J Thromb Haemost 2004; 2: 1247–55.
- Kline JA, et al. Prospective multicenter evaluation of the pulmonary embolism rule-out criteria. J Thromb Haemost 2008; 6: 772–80. (PMID: 18318689).